Erosion of the stomach and duodenum
Erosion of the stomach and duodenum – Elite Treatment in Europe
Erosion – this is mucous membrane surface defects, which capture the mucosa and submucosa but not beyond the middle layer (muscle) membrane of the stomach or duodenum. Erosions heal without scar formation.
Causes of erosion are varied:
- Helicobacter infection of the mucous membrane that produce cytotoxins.
- Prolonged stress and psycho-emotional disorders.
- Medications that affect the mucous membranes or disrupt the synthesis of protective factors.
- Rough, too hot, spicy, sour, etc. foods with prolonged use contributes to the development of gastric erosions.
- Circulatory disorders of the stomach in liver cirrhosis and other liver diseases, accompanied by an increase in pressure in the vessels of the liver.
- Acceptance of liquor, either alone can damage the lining of the stomach and through the development of alcoholic cirrhosis.
- Other diseases of digestive organs (chronic pancreatitis, chronic liver failure).
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Diseases of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, leading to oxygen starvation of tissues of the stomach.
- Exposure to occupational hazards, which include heavy metals that enter the stomach, alkalis, acids and other toxic liquids.
- Neoplastic diseases of the stomach.
All these factors lead to the first breach formation and functioning of the protective barrier of the stomach and duodenum. Broken components of gastric mucus production, reduced blood flow in the wall of the stomach, decreases the normal reproduction of the cellular elements of the mucous membrane. Aggressive factors on the contrary increase their activity. This applies to hydrochloric acid, pepsin. Under the influence of these mechanisms increases the permeability of the gastric mucosa and it is susceptible to damage.
Patients complain of pain in the stomach, or the right of the median line in the projection of the duodenum. The pains usually occur in 1-1.5 hours after ingestion. Nausea, heartburn, belching, and vomiting. With long-term existence of erosions in a patient develops decreased appetite and weight loss. Some patients fear pain just can not eat. In some parts of the erosion of patients may experience bleeding, which manifests the presence of blood in vomit or feces, which acquires a black color (melena).
If significant bleeding in a patient develops anemia, paleness of skin, weakness. But most are minor bleeding and detected only in special surveys. When abdominal palpation point tenderness in the stomach and duodenum.
Diagnosis of erosion of the stomach and duodenum is carried out by fibrogastroduodenoscopy with biopsy of the mucosa and the presence of helicobacter research, X-ray examination. We study the secretory function of gastric and duodenal ulcers, blood tests, fecal occult blood.
The treatment of erosions of the stomach and duodenum. Appointed by the diet. Used drugs that reduce the production of hydrochloric acid to regulate the motor activity of the stomach and duodenum. Used drugs that stop the bleeding, improving regenerative processes in the stomach. Sometimes erosion difficult to treat, do not heal, bleed for a long time. In this case, possible to carry out surgical treatment, which involves the removal of the stomach.
EARLY DIAGNOSIS gastroenterological diseases
Application for medical treatment abroad
Examination and treatment in GERMANY – Institute "DIAGNOSTIX"
AID IN THE TREATMENT –
Incoming search terms:
- duodenal erosion
- duodenal erosion symptoms
- duodenum erosion
- duodenal erosions
- erosion of duodenum
- erosion in duodenum
- duodenal erosions without bleeding
- An erosion of the protective mucosal lining of the stomach or duodenum is called:
- erosions in duodenum
- What is the difference between Gastric Erosions and Duodenal Erosions?
- proximal duodenal erosions
- minor duodenal erosions treatment