The deformation of the nasal septum, synechiae, and atresia of the nasal cavity
The deformation of the nasal septum – Elite Treatment in Europe
ENT Diseases -2005
The cause deformities of the nasal septum can be caused by physiological, traumatic and compensatory factors.
- The physiological curvature of the discrepancy occurs when the growth of the nasal septum and the bony framework within which it is inserted. The growth outstrips the growth of multiple partitions of the facial skeleton, so there is a curvature of her.
- Traumatic curvature of the nasal septum due to improper healing of the injury of its fragments.
- Compensatory distortion occurs when pressure on the septum of the nose of one half of the different formations – polyps, enlarged middle and lower shells, tumors, etc.
There are three types of deformation of the nasal septum:
Often there are a combination of deformities of the nose.
Adults often have a greater or lesser degree curvature or deviation from the midline of the nasal septum, which normally does not violate the nasal breathing, and therefore does not require treatment.
The deformation of the nasal septum narrows the nasal passages and thus makes it difficult to breath through your nose. Sometimes, significant distortion is not difficult nasal breathing because the air passes freely above or below the bend, and vice versa – a slight curvature of the walls, often in front of the nose, can dramatically disrupt nasal breathing.
The main complaint of the patient during deformation partitioning is a violation of nasal breathing, but in some cases, marked headache, nasal discharge, recurrent pain in the ear, dry throat, etc. The appearance of headache during deformation of nasal septum due to the fact that the curved portion of the nasal septum ( Spike, a comb) in contact with the opposite lateral wall of the nose, pressing on it, irritating the mucous membrane, which causes a reflex symptoms and, in particular, headache, and occasional bouts of asthma and epilepsy, a disorder of the sexual sphere, etc.
The diagnosis of nasal septum deformation is established on the basis of the study rinoskopicheskoy picture.
Treatment of a deviated septum surgery – submucous resection of the curved part of septum. Indications for surgery: the difficulty of nasal breathing through one or both halves of the nose, caused by deformation of the nasal septum, secondary pathological changes caused by the curvature of the septum, such as chronic inflammation of the nasal mucosa, otosalpingit, headache, sinusitis, etc.
In rare cases, when the deformation is accompanied by a cosmetic defect walls outside of the nose, is produced in the early part of the submucosal resection of a curved wall, and then straighten the back of the nose.
Of adhesions in the nasal cavity are distinguished:
- synechia – connective tissue bridge between the septum and lateral wall of nose
- atresia – wide seam lateral and medial walls of the nose, covering a varying degree of clearance of nasal passages.
Congenital atresia may be:
Adhesions and atresia can occur at different etiology ulcerations of the nasal mucosa, scleroma, lupus, diphtheria, smallpox, typhoid.
Treatment of adhesions in the nasal cavity – surgery.
ENT clinic in Moscow
ELITE ENT TREATMENT OF DISEASE IN ISRAEL
Of an application for treatment
Examination and treatment in GERMANY – Institute "DIAGNOSTIX"
AID IN THE TREATMENT –
Incoming search terms:
- nasal synechiae
- ICD CODE FOR DEVIATED NASAL SEPTUM WITH SYNECHIAE
- synechiae nasal cavity
- syniachia in nose
- synichae in nose