Exercising the pelvic floor has many benefits physically and emotionally, and requires very little time. The routine of pelvic floor exercises that you will find in our Bwom app are done in just 10 minutes, with which you will be doing a lot for your health and quality of life.
Is not sufficient? Are you one of those who finds it hard to find time? We propose you to invest your moments of dead time on the bus or subway in exercises to exercise your pelvic floor , such as Kegel exercises and hypopressive gymnastics . The decision now is: the Candy Crush or you
We know that creating a habit is difficult, so we propose a pelvic floor exercise plan to perform in your moments of dead time, how boring trips on the bus or subway, desperate waiting in the dentist’s room or even in the supermarket queue!
Yes, those moments …
Pelvic floor exercise plan
2 week plan, with two different exercises for each week.
Note: these exercises are a sample of general exercises to exercise the pelvic floor. In our Bwom app we offer a pelvic floor evaluation test and personalized exercise plans according to the answers of your test. We recommend you to take the test to obtain exercises adapted to your needs and your objectives. Also, depending on your level, the frequency recommendation is different.
Exercise 1: Kegel in transport
- Posture: Sit with your back straight and well supported on the bus seat (car, subway). Line up the knees at the height of the hips.
- Exercise: Contract the muscles of your pelvic floor. How do I do it? Imagine that you want to close the vagina or you want to avoid the escape of a gas. As if you wanted to close the vagina from front to back and from side to side. What causes that movement is the musculature of the pelvic floor. Observe and feel what happens in your vagina during the contraction and also during relaxation. The most important thing is that you feel the movement of these internal muscles.
- Pattern: Perform the contraction for 1 second and rest for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
Anna Wintour doing her daily Kegel exercises
Exercise 2: Hide the belly button
This is an exercise to activate your abdominal belt. If your abdominal girdle is strong and toned it will help to support the pelvic organs and will remove tension to the pelvic floor.
- Posture: Sit with your back straight and well supported on the bus seat. Line up the knees at the height of the hips. Place your hands below the navel.
- Exercise: Take a deep breath and when expelling it, direct your navel towards the back and upwards, as if you wanted to raise it towards the chest. Make the air expulsion last 10 seconds.
- Pattern: Repeat 10 times.
Exercise 1: Tweaking the Kegel
- Posture: Sit with your back straight and well supported on the seat. Line up the knees at the height of the hips.
- Exercise: The exercise will consist of contracting the muscles of your pelvic floor at 50% of your capacity and maintaining the contraction for 5 seconds. Observe how your pelvic floor ascends during contraction and how it descends when you relax it.
- Pattern: Repeat 10 times.
Exercise 2: Hide the belly
- Posture: Sit on the edge of the seat with your back straight. Line up the knees at the height of the hips. Rest your hands on the knees, bend the elbows and point them to the sides.
- Exercise: We will perform “hypopressive” breathing *. If you have never tried it, here are the steps:
Step 1. Inspire by opening the ribs a lot … Step 2. Extract all the air and when you do not have more air inside, block your breathing. You can help by covering your nose with one of your hands and closing your mouth tightly. With practice you will not need it anymore. Step 3: Now open the ribs again simulating that you take air but not catch it. Now hold this position for 4 seconds. Then take a breath and rest. It prevents the shoulders and chin from climbing upwards. You must relax them, also the pelvis.
- Pattern: Repeat the exercise 5 times.
* Marcel Caufriez ® Hypopressive Method